Deadline: December 4, 2019
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION FOR THE CREATION OF AN ELIGIBILITY LIST
FOR THE POSITION OF FIRE FIGHTER
IN THE SAN BENITO FIRE DEPARTMENT
NOTICE is hereby given of an Examination for the creation of an eligibility list for the position of Entry Level Fire Fighter in the San Benito Fire Department. The Examination will be proctored at 8:30 a.m., Friday, December 13, 2019, at the City of San Benito Community Building located at 210 E. Heywood St., San Benito, Texas.
- To be eligible for this examination, Candidates shall not be less than 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become eligible for future certification by the Commission on Fire Protection Standards and Education.
- All test participants receiving a grade of 70 or more points on the written examination, shall be determined to have passed the written examination. Grades on such written examinations shall be based upon a maximum grade of 100 points and shall be determined entirely by the correctness of each applicant’s answers to such questions.
- TCFP Certified Candidates and/or Certifiable Candidates or those presently enrolled in a Fire Fighter Academy will be given preference.
- The agility portion of the exam will be proctored on the same day of the written exam, please dress appropriately. A copy of the agility exam is on the City of San Benito’s website.
The eligibility list created as a result of the written examination will remain in effect for a period of 1 (one) year.
Those interested should sign up at the Human Resources Department located at 400 N. Travis, San Benito, TX 78586 no later than Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Complete and return the registration form located on the City’s website at http://www.cityofsanbenito.com/DocumentCenter/View/3152/Entry-Level-Fire-Fighter-Registration-Form—December–13 no later than Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
A preparation manual and study guide are available for purchase by the candidate from CPS HR Consulting, the link and access to materials purchased will only be available until December 13, 2019.
Below is the link for purchasing the material and a brief description of each product.
Candidate Preparation Manuals – $5
Includes detailed recommendations on important concepts, such as the most effective test-taking strategies and methods, specific information about CPS HR test forms, and what to expect on the day of the test administration. Also includes several practice questions covering each section of the test, along with helpful tools, like a sample answer sheet and template test instructions for candidates to prepare before the day of the test.
Practice Tests – $15
Simulates full-length versions of CPS HR tests and have been designed to replicate the look and feel of test-day material. Contains practice items across the same sections contained in our test forms. When candidates have completed the online practice exam, they will receive a breakdown of their scores by section. (Candidates will not receive a list of the questions and answers.) In addition, candidates can re-take the exam one additional time at no cost.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.
Find More Jobs HERE!!