Deadline: January 12, 2018
NOTICE is hereby given of an Examination for the creation of an eligibility list for the position of Entry Level Fire Fighter in the San Benito Fire Department. The Examination will be proctored at 8:30 a.m., Friday, January 26, 2018, at the City of San Benito Community Building located at 210 E. Heywood St., San Benito, Texas.
• To be eligible for this examination, Candidates shall not be less than 18 years of age.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must be able to read and write the English language.
• Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become eligible for future certification by the Commission on Fire Protection Standards and Education.
• All test participants receiving a grade of 70 or more points on the written examination, shall be determined to have passed the written examination. Grades on such written examinations shall be based upon a maximum grade of 100 points and shall be determined entirely by the correctness of each applicant’s answers to such questions.
• TCFP Certified Candidates and/or Certifiable Candidates or those presently enrolled in a Fire Fighter Academy will be given preference.
• The agility portion of the exam will be proctored on the same day of the written exam, please dress appropriately. A copy of the agility exam is on the City of San Benito’s website.
The eligibility list created as a result of the written examination will remain in effect for a period of 1 (one) year.
Those interested should sign up at the Human Resource Department located at 400 N. Travis, San Benito, TX 78586 no later than
Complete and return the registration form located on the City’s website at www.cityofsanbenito.com no later than Friday, January 12, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
of by clicking on this link https://tx-sanbenito.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/Index/24
DATED THIS 4th DAY OF DECEMBER 2017
Human Resources /
Civil Service Director
The registration form must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.