Deadline: December 9, 2016
Salary: $49,823.82 Annually
Deadline to submit your online application is 11:00 p.m. (CST) on December 9, 2016. Written exam will take place on December 17, 2016, at Southeast High School.Â The time will be announced.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary – Year One: $49,823.82, Year Two: $56,941.51, Year Three: $64,059.20, Year Four: $71,176.88
- Work 24 Hours, Off 48 Hours
- Vacation Time
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Personal Time
- Sick Time
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Pension
- All Equipment and Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Deferred Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Age 21-34 years of age at time of written examination unless otherwise exempt by stateÂ statute 65 ILCS/ 5/10-1-7
- No Felony Convictions
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- Valid Driverâ€™s License at time of hire and must obtain IL License within 90 days of employment
- Vision Correctable to 20/40 with no monochromatic color blindness
- No Offensive and/or Inappropriate Visible Tattoos
To review the Springfield Fire Department Tattoo Policy:
To review the Springfield Firefighter Job Description:
To take the written exam on December 17, you must first apply online. To submit your online application, please click the link below to create a login account and apply for the Firefighter opening. You must submit your application by 11:00 p.m. (CST) on December 9, 2016.
Submit your application
For individuals who may not be familiar with submitting an online application, work stations are available at the Office of Human Resources located in the Municipal Center complex, 700 E. Monroe, 3rd floor or at the Lincoln Public Library, 326 S. Seventh Street. Both locations have staff who can assist individuals who are applying online.
- Optional Orientation
- Written Test – once an individual submits their online application, they will receive an email about how to download study materials for the written exam.
- Physical Ability Test with Ladder Climb. Non-Refundable Testing Fee.
- Oral Assessment -Â Click for the Oral Assessment Preparation Guide
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Examination, Drug Screening & Functional Capacity Evaluation