Deadline: September 8, 2017
Salary: $38,765 – $41,317 Annually
The Taylorville Board of Fire and Police Commission invites all eligible candidates to participate in the upcoming screening process to establish an eligibility list for the position of firefighter/paramedic. A position is currently available and will be filled with the new list.
Taylorville is a city of 11,400 residents. The Taylorville Fire Department is a municipal department that also contracts to the Taylorville Fire Protection District. Taylorville Fire Department services 64 square miles and serves approximately 16,000 residents. Firefighters work a 24/48 shift with Kelly days. TFD staffs an ALS engine and an ALS squad company.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Must be 20 years of age at time of testing but must
be 21 by date of appointment and less than 35 years
of age unless the individual meets the exemption
set by the state statute. Must not have been convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, as defined by statute. Must attend the mandatory orientation and participate in and successfully complete all stages of the testing.
Starting pensionable salary range is $38,765 – $41,317
6.5 mile Radius Residency
Mandatory Orientation & Testing:
Saturday, September 16th, 2017
City Municipal Building Basement
8 a.m. to 4p.m.
Must be a certified paramedic or enrolled in paramedic training at time of hire.
Candidates must also have a valid CPAT card at time of hire.
Firefighter Eligibility Testing Application Packets
• Available at the Office of the City Clerk, 115 N. Main Street, Taylorville, Illinois, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning Monday, August 7, 2017
• Completed applications MUST be returned to the Office of the City Clerk, 115 N. Main Street, Taylorville, Illinois, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Firday, September 8, 2017.
• Please note there is a $25 non-refundable application fee that must be paid at the time the application packet is picked up.
• City of Taylorville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minority candidates are urged to apply.
• Questions may be directed to Chief Mike Crews at 217-824-2295.