Deadline: March 11, 2016
Salary: Â Starting $55,103 + $5,408 Paramedic Pay (5/1/15)
After 8 years (Top Pay): $88,650 + $5,408 Paramedic Pay (5/1/15)
The Village of River Forest will hold a written examination on Saturday, March 26, 2016 to establish an eligibility list for the position of Full-time Firefighter/Paramedic.
Village of River Forest
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application and under 35 years unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in the Fire and Police Commissioners Act. Proof of birth date will be required at the time of application.
- Applicants must be citizens of the U.S. and/or an alien admitted for permanent residents or lawfully admitted for temporary residence and who produces evidence of intention to become a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Licensed Paramedic (or documentation showing applicant is in the process of obtaining a license)
- Applicants must provide a CPAT+ (Ladder Climb Exercise) Certification dated between March 11,
2015 and March 11, 2016 from a licensed administrator in Illinois
Information Packets with Preliminary Applications and additional information are available for pickup at the Village of River Forest Village Hall or can be downloaded at www.vrf.us/firefighter
The completed Preliminary Application and other designated documentation are to be returned to the River Forest Municipal Complex, 400 Park Avenue, River Forest, Illinois no later than 4:00 PM Friday, March 11, 2016. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY MAIL OR PERSONAL DELIVERY AFTER THAT TIME.
- The applicant is to print or type the required information on the front upper right of the envelope.
- The enclosed Preliminary Application and the various releases are to be filled out and signed only by the
- Non-refundable $30.00 application fee.
- The following enclosed forms are to be completed and included with the Preliminary Application. Each of the forms is noted at the bottom if they are to be returned with the application. Ensure that you execute all of the required signatures.
- This sheet signed and dated.
- Orientation Notice signed and dated.
- Releases â€“ The Applicant must sign and date each release stated. Ensure you PRINT your full name at the
top of the front side of the sheet as indicated. Several releases require witnesses. Any adult may sign as a witness.
- Copies of the following documents must also be returned in 8.5â€ x 11â€ envelope with the Preliminary Application:
- Driverâ€™s License
- Birth Certificate Issued from your County of birth, not one issued from the Hospital.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Copy of current Paramedic License or documentation showing you are in the process of obtaining a
- Copy of CPAT + (Ladder Climb Exercise) Certification from a licensed administrator in Illinois
(NIPSTA is a licensed administrator)- THE CPAT + CERTIFICATION MUST BE DATED BETWEEN MARCH 11, 2015 AND MARCH 11, 2016.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.