Deadline: March 24, 2016
The Williamson County Fire Protection District is now accepting applications for the position of
Testing is being conducted for an immediate need to hire
2 Full-time Firefighters
The Williamson County Fire Protection District (W.C.F.P.D.) consists of 7 fire stations with headquarters located in Herrin, IL. The district is managed by a full-time Chief and 2 full-time firefighters. The W.C.F.P.D. has a wide variety of specialized equipment and well trained paid-on-call members. It is equipped for most emergencies that may arise with 8 engines, 7 tenders with 2,200 gallons of water each, 7 brush trucks, and 60 Paid On Call firefighters.
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by 3/24/16 and must be under the age of 35 years of age on 4/10/16, unless exempt by State Statute 70 ILCS 705/16.06b of the Illinois Fire Protection District Act.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Residence: Applicant must be a resident of Williamson County, Illinois within 120 days of hire.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
- Certification: Must be certified by the office of the Illinois State Fire Marshall (OSFM) as a Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter (or have attended and graduated from Illinois Fire Service Institute). NOTE: New hires will be required to be certified by the OSFM as Aircraft Rescue Firefighter and Hazmat Operations Firefighter and an Emergency Medical Responder within 1 year of employment.
Application deadline is March 24, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Application will be available online for purchase until
2:00 PM on 3/24/16
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Williamson County FPD
200 W. Higgins Rd. Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications
Application fee is non-refundable
Adobe Reader is required for the application
It can be downloaded for free at:
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date
Orientation, Physical Ability and Written Examinations
Sunday, April 10, 2016 – Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation Program – 9:00 AM
Physical and Written Examinations
immediately following the Orientation
Williamson County Fire Protection Station
3232 S. Park Ave.
Herrin, IL 62948
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire Commissioners for the Williamson County Fire Protection District which is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.