Deadline: July 24, 2018
- $40.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- The minimum age at time of hire for the Zion Fire/Rescue Department shall be 21 years of age. The maximum age at the time of application is 34 years of age, unless exempt by statute
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb issued by a licensed agency as of date of written exam. CPAT and Ladder Climb considered valid only if issued between August 11, 2017 through August 11, 2018
- Successful completion of probation period after hire. Must be currently enrolled in a paramedic (EMT-P) class or have completed an EMT-P class and currently in certification process OR be a licensed/certified EMT-P. At time of conditional offer of employment, candidate must be an Illinois certified EMT-P. Within 30 days, candidate must be affiliated with the North Lake County EMS system. Candidate must obtain Illinois FF II/Basic Certification within 12 months probationary period. Applicants who are certified Illinois paramedics at time of hire must successfully complete a 12-month probation period.
Required Documentation due 7/24/18 at 4:00 PM (must be hand delivered or mailed to IOS Recruitment):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, August 11, 2018. Sign-in begins at 9:00 AM and closes at 9:30 AM. No late admittance. Testing will take place in Zion, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates prior to the exam date.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on July 24, 2018. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.