Deadline: July 26, 2016
- $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- S. Citizen;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED);
- Valid Driverâ€™s License;
- The minimum age at time of hire for the Zion Fire/Rescue Department shall be 21 years of age. The maximum age at the time of application is 34 years of age, unless exempt by statute;
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb issued by a licensed agency as of date of written exam. CPAT and Ladder Climb considered valid only if issued between September 10, 2015 through September 10, 2016;
- CPAT and Ladder Climb certification is available at the Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA) in Glenview, IL and at the Southwest United Fire District (SUFD) in Indianhead Park, IL. Please visit www.NIPSTA.org/CPAT/ or www.SUFD.org for information and to register for the CPAT and Ladder Climb.
- Successful completion of probation period after hire. MUST be currently enrolled in a paramedic (EMT-P) class OR have completed an EMT-P class and currently in certification process OR be a licensed/certified EMT-P. At time of conditional offer of employment, candidate must be an Illinois certified EMT-P. Within 30 days, candidate must be affiliated with the North Lake County EMS system. Candidate must obtain Illinois FF II/Basic Certification within 12 months probationary period. Applicants who are certified Illinois paramedics at time of hire must successfully complete a 12-month probation period. Applicants who are NOT certified Illinois paramedics at time of hire are given up to 18 months probation in order to complete training.
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 7/26/16 – documentation is NOT accepted via email):
- Consent and Release Form
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record
- Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, September 10, 2016. Arrive no later than 9:00 AM with a photo ID to sign-in. Test will be held at:
Zion Park District Shiloh Center – north entrance, lower level
2600 Emmaus Avenue
Zion, IL 60099
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (7/26/16 at 4:00 PM).
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.