Salary: $11.22 – $17.28 Per Hour
- Performs routine station tasks to maintain state of operational readiness, including daily inspecting/testing of equipment, supplies and materials. Inspecting personal protection equipment.
- Performs Fire Prevention activities including pre-incident planning, inspecting fire hydrants, etc.
- Emergency response operations responding to 9-1-1 calls, to include medical & fire emergencies, extricating persons from entrapments, stabilizing victims, administering BLS and CPR. This may also include non-emergency calls.
- Performs administrative tasks including documenting calls, data entry, documenting patient conditions, quality assurance and post incident analysis.
- Performs related work as required.
Graduation from high school or trade school or possession of a GED. Minimum eighteen (18) years of age at time of appointment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
Proof of Certification as a State of Florida Firefighter II and EMT (Paramedic preferred), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification; Emergency Vehicle Operator Certification (EVOC); Ability to exercises sound judgment and discretion in decision making and all phases of responsibilities. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Drivers License. Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B, 200B, 700A and 800B.
Requires medium to heavy work that involves walking or standing virtually all of the time and involves exerting between 50 and 80 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis, up to 150 pounds on occasion; standard keyboard operations. The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, depth perception, and texture perception.
Certain service members and veterans and the spouse and family members of the service members and veterans receive preference and priority in employment by the State and are encouraged to apply for positions being filled.
Veteran’s Preference will be given to eligible veterans and qualified spouses. A copy of a DD-214 or other supporting documentation must be hand delivered, faxed or mailed to Human Resources and received by the closing date. *DD-214 must list Character of Discharge*
Citrus County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.