Deadline: June 27, 2016
Salary: $11.30 Per Hour
Under general supervision, performs skilled and special duty emergency response work in caring for, driving, and operating automotive fire-fighting apparatus and other equipment. Work involves the operation of automotive fire-fighting apparatus in response to alarms in such a manner as to ensure the timely and safe delivery of equipment and personnel in emergency response situations, including fire-fighting, emergency rescue, emergency medical treatment and hazardous material response. Employee is also responsible for testing and maintaining fire equipment and apparatus, operating and monitoring equipment during response operations, performing fire inspections and performing various maintenance and custodial duties at the assigned fire station. Work also involves performing emergency rescue work in accordance with established protocols for Basic and Advanced Life Support. Employee is subject to the usual hazards of emergency response work.
The City of Cocoa Beach is accepting applications from June 13, 2016 through 5:00 pm on June 27, 2016 for the Firefighter/EMT testing program.
MINIMUM TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: COPIES MUST BE PROVIDED WITH APPLICATION!!
- High School Diploma/equivalent
- Must reside within one-year of employment within 55 miles of Station 1
- State of FL Cert of Compliance from Bureau of Fire Standards
- State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician certificate.
- Valid maintenance of FL class â€œEâ€ driver license
- AHA Provider card or equivalent BLS/CPR card
- No use of tobacco in previous 12 months or while employed
- Must be able to obtain approved Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) cert. once employed
- College degree(s)/training/volunteer firefighter experience will be taken into consideration
Base Salary $11.30 hourly / Full-time with Full Benefits Pkg.
2 Week orientation, then shift rotates 24 hours on 48 hours off
DEADLINE: 5 p.m. Monday, June 27, 2016. No exceptions.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
If chosen to participate in testing program you will be notified by mail. Selected candidates will take a written exam & agility test.
COPIES OF ALL REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS MUST ACCOMPANY JOB APPLICATION.Â INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.