Deadline: May 23, 2016
Salary: $2,017.20 – $2,345.58 Biweekly
Applications available May 2, 2016 – May 23, 2016. Â See the notice below for more information. Â Godfrey Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer.
The GFPD Board of Fire Commissioners in accordance with state statute have established the following requirements for the 2016 application phase:
- Age 21-35, unless exempted by prior fire service experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Illinois OSFM certification of Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter
- State of Illinois EMT-Basic license (or higher)
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- Clean criminal background
- Excellent physical condition
If hired, probationary employees:
- Will be required to attain and maintainÂ primary residency within the boundaries of GFPD within 18 months of hire.
- May be required to attain and maintain a State of Illinois Paramedic or PHRN license.
For the 2016 test cycle, the agility test will be the CPAT or Candidate Physical Agility Test. Â GFPD does not administer the CPAT. Candidates must obtain a CPAT card along with the required ladder climb certificate (State of Illinois requirement) at a location that is certified to administer the CPAT. Â The closest location to Godfrey, IL is the St. Louis County Fire Academy (link).
The current hiring/eligibility list will not expire until July of 2016.Â
Persons interested in taking the examination must submit their application on forms available at the Godfrey Fire Protection District Fire Station #1, 6011 Godfrey Road, Godfrey, IL 62035. Application packets will be available during regular business hours beginning Monday May 2, 2016. Applications must be submitted no later than Monday May 23, 2016 at 12:00PM at the #1 Fire Station. Applications returned by mail should be sent to P.O. Box F, Godfrey, Illinois 62035 and must be postmarked no later than Monday May 23, 2016. Late applications will not be accepted. Employment requirements and eligibility testing procedures will be made available with the application materials. The Godfrey Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.