Deadline: February 23, 2018
Salary: $72,142.67 – $95,772.12 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Highland Park is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMTII.
Applicants must complete a detailed online application and attach the required documents as detailed in the full candidate packet. Prior applications will not be considered when evaluating applications filed during this recruitment period, however prior applicants are welcome to apply.
Applications must be completed and all required documents submitted by 4:00 PM on Monday, February 23, 2018.
To complete your application you MUST submit the following:
- Complete online application
- Copy of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record as Proof of Citizenship
- Copy of Valid CPAT Card
- Copy of Valid Ladder Climb Certificate
Incomplete applications will not be accepted and only minor application changes will be allowed. Documents may be submitted with your application, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to Human Resources, 1707 St. Johns Ave, Highland Park, IL 60035. All documents must be received by 4:00 PM CST on February 23, 2018. No reminder email communication will be sent.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from the employment process. Proof of meeting these requirements must be submitted during the application process described below.
- U.S. Citizen
- Between the ages of 21 and 34 at time of written exam on March 10, 2018
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Illinois Department of Public Health EMT-Paramedic (IDPH EMT-P) National Registry license by date of application deadline February 23, 2018
- Successful completion of CPAT and Ladder Climb within one (1) year prior to application deadline February 23, 2018.
- Licensed CPAT/Ladder Climb testing agencies:
- Completion of application and submission of ALL required documents by 4:00 PM CST on February 23, 2018.
The written exam will be given on:
DATE: SATURDAY, MARCH 10, 2018
LOCATION: HIGHLAND PARK HIGH SCHOOL
3rd floor, Rooms A342, 343
433 Vine Street, Highland Park
CHECK-IN: 8:00 – 8:30 AM Bring a photo ID.
TEST STARTS: 8:30 AM SHARP
Candidates arriving late will not be admitted to the exam.
A reminder or notice of the written exam date will be sent to those who have submitted complete applications. Once the check-in process is completed, no candidate will be permitted to leave the testing facility until he or she has completed all applicable portions of the written exam.
Candidates must score a 70 or higher on the written exam to proceed further. Candidates will be notified in writing via email of their status following the written exam. The written exam is worth 20% of the total score for a candidate.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.