Deadline: January 4, 2018
Salary: $41,900 Annually
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Maywood, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/EMT with the Maywood Fire Department.
Current starting salary is competitive with the region: $41,900
Full-time employment benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation time after 1 year of employment
- Clothing and equipment allowance
Sworn Firefighter Personnel: 43
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Maywood:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age AND shall be under the age of 35 by the application deadline date (January 4, 2018) unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner’s Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid CPAT with any licensed agency, issued no more than 12 months prior to the written exam date (January 13, 2018) -AND- must be presented no later than the date of the written exam;
- Must successfully pass a written examination with a minimum score of 70% overall;
- Must successfully complete an oral interview;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation (applicants will be required to fully disclose all personnel matters, to include agreements and sealed files);
- Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and medical physical (including drug and alcohol screening);
- Pay a $35.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
(NOTE: Applications are limited to the first 125 applications submitted (NOT PURCHASED) -OR- Applications submitted online by Thursday, January 4th, 2018 at 4:00 pm (CST), whichever occurs first, will be accepted.)
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify; -OR-
- Educational Preference: Persons having successfully obtained an associate’s degree in the field of fire service or emergency medical services from an accredited college or university, or State certified EMT; -OR-
- Residency (Primary Domicile) Points: Persons residing in the Village of Maywood for the last 3 years. Must provide proof of residency for points.
Submission of Application:
Applications are limited to the first 125 applications submitted online (NOT PURCHASED) -OR- Applications submitted online by the deadline date of Thursday, January 4th, 2018 at 4:00 pm (CST), whichever occurs first. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.Saturday, January 13, 2018 – Check-in starts at 9 a.m. Location: Irving Middle School 805 S. 17th Ave. Maywood, IL 60153 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. For a complete list of required documents, click to the page titled “Summary of the Hiring Process” (this information is accessible prior to the payment page).
The Village of Maywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Maywood Fire Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.