Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic
Deadline: June 26, 2019
Salary: $41,278 Annually
FIREFIGHTER (Paramedic or EMT)
May 24, 2019 – June 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m
Starting Salary $41,278*
(*Base $34,500.12, Paramedic Incentive $5,824, Halftime Money $911)
Requirements: Candidates must be between 18 and 65 years of age with a High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency diploma (USAFI not accepted). Weight must be proportional to height. Maximum vision deficiency allowable is 20/40 and 20/100 correctable to 20/20 and 20/40.
Applicant for the position of Firefighter must be a non-user of tobacco or tobacco products for at least one (1) year immediately preceding application, as evidenced by the sworn affidavit of the applicant. At time of application, candidates must live within a one (1) hour response time of The City of Daytona Beach. Candidate must comply with Fire Department Body Ornamentation policy.
If selected for hire, EMT candidates must sign an employment agreement to become a State of Florida Licensed Paramedic within three (3) years of employment. Employer will pay for Paramedic Program expenses by agreement with a reimbursement clause should the employee fail to meet the requirements of the agreement.
Selection and Hiring Process:
Complete your Firefighter application, available online at www.codb.us/jobs and submit with the following documents to the Employment Services Office, Room 158 in City Hall, 301 S. Ridgewood Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 or email to LossLana@codb.us to be eligible for employment with The City of Daytona Beach:
1. Current valid State of Florida Firefighter Certificate of Tenure or Compliance.
2. State of Florida Paramedic License or State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician License.
3. Health Care Provider Level CPR Certification.
4. Emergency Vehicle Operators Course certification (16 hour).
5. High School and/or College Diploma
6. Valid Class “E” State of Florida Driver’s License
7. Military Discharge (DD214) If applicable.Physical ability screening will be conducted by the Daytona Beach Fire Department.
- Physical ability screening will be conducted by the Daytona Beach Fire Department.
- Eligibility list will be established and names certified as vacancies occur. Candidates will be selected for interviews, and hiring decisions made by the Daytona Beach Fire Department.
- Post offer of employment, candidates will be given a thorough physical exam, criminal history and background screening, which must be passed to assure employment. May include written exam.
$35 per hour
Fire Officer, Fire Inspector, Relief Driver, SCBA Repair
Associate’s ($600 year) or Bachelor’s (1,300)
268.8 Hours per year
123.2 Hours Holiday, Birthday, Employee Appreciation per year
25 years @ 3% 10 year vesting
FHC Blue Cross HMO, PPO, or Health Savings Account
POLICE RECORD: Absence of convictions or felonies or misdemeanors involving moral turpitude.
Residents of Daytona Beach given preference in hiring.
Applications are public record open for inspection
If you have any questions, please call Employment Services at 386-671-8210.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.