Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic
Deadline: March 2, 2018
- $53,173 – $75,420 – Current wage for Firefighter/EMT’s
- $55,735 – $81,215 – Current wage for Firefighter/Paramedic (if currently licensed as a Milwaukee County paramedic)
We Offer Lateral Transfer Opportunity for salary and vacation credit. Experienced applicants do not have to start at the “new hire” rate.
The City of Franklin is accepting applications to fill several upcoming vacancies and to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/EMT. Please carefully read thru all application instructions below:
Applications must be RECEIVED by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018.
18 years of age or older; Firefighter II certification*; WI EMT basic license; valid driver’s license; Associate Degree in a fire-related field or a Bachelor’s Degree*; excellent health and physical condition; and a National Registry Paramedic license*. (*These three items do not have to be completed before applying. Please see below for timing requirement.)
Salary (Base Pay Annually):
$53,173 – $75,420 – Current wage for Firefighter/EMT’s
$55,735 – $81,215 – Current wage for Firefighter/Paramedic (if currently licensed as a Milwaukee County paramedic). Top pay is achieved within 4 years of hire date.
Job Description: View job description here.
Hiring Process: View the Police & Fire Commission’s 2018 Hiring Process here.
- Complete both the City of Franklin application and the Additional Informational Page for Firefighter/EMT. (Please note that the email address is mandatory for this position or you will not receive testing instructions.)
- Make sure all of your firefighter, EMT, and paramedic experience is reflected in the Work History, Additional Experience, or the Qualifications sections of the application form or on a separate resume.
- Submit the following items in your application packet:
- Completed application
- Completed Additional Informational Page for Firefighter/EMT
- Answer on a separate piece of paper the question “Why do you want to be a City of Franklin firefighter/EMT.” Be specific in your answer.
- A resume of no more than 2 pages is required.
- *College Transcripts (These do not have to be certified copies. If they do not show what degree has been conferred, Associates or Bachelors, please also provide a copy of your diploma.)
- *Firefighter II certification
- WI EMT basic license
- *National Registry Paramedic license, if applicable
- CPAT certificate, if you have completed the testing and your certificate is not expired
(*Items 5 and 6 must be obtained prior to 6/1/2018. Item 8 must be in the process of being completed and must be completed prior to a conditional offer of employment being made – see Hiring Process for full details. Please note expected completion information on the Additional Informational Page.)
DO NOT include other items, such as reference letters, additional training documentation, etc. in your application packet.
Application packets must be RECEIVED by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018. Packets should be placed into an approximately 9” x 12” manila envelope and either mailed to the City of Franklin, ATTN: Human Resources, 9229 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132, or may be dropped off at the City Clerk’s office at the same address. (There is a drop box outside the main entrance for those wanting to drop off applications after 5 p.m.) No applications will be accepted via e-mail or Fax. DO NOT SEND APPLICATION PACKETS TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
The completed applications will be reviewed to ensure applicants do meet the required criteria and that the application has been completed properly. Failure to completely fill out the application and/or return it by the deadline will be cause for disqualification. Those applicants that have correctly filled out the applications will be offered the opportunity to participate in the Written Test, which is expected to be given in mid to late March. The exact dates will be selected once applicant availability is determined (see Additional Informational Page). You will receive an email regarding the testing shortly after the March 2nd deadline.
If you have any questions, please call Human Resources Coordinator Dana Zahn at 414-427-7505, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.