Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic
Deadline: August 16, 2017
Salary: $16.92 – $26.98 Hourly
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Possession of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) issued within the last 12 months.
- Graduation from High School or GED required. Associate Degree in Fire Science or related preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a certificate of completion/compliance, tenure from the State of Florida Minimum Standards for Firefighters.
- Must hold at minimum a current certification as a State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician, or have a valid Paramedic license in accordance with the State of Florida, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and a valid State of Florida AHA/ACLS Certification preferred.
- Must meet all minimum entrance standards as defined by Federal, State and City requirements including but not limited to non-use of all tobacco products for one (1) year prior to employment, not have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving “moral turpitude” as defined by state law.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver License class “E” and a driving record which meets or exceeds minimum City driving standards.
- Must be able to work variable shifts, including shifts that require 24 hours of consecutive duty.
- Must submit fingerprints to be processed by the FDLE and the FBI.
TESTING: After your application is accepted, you will receive a notification with the date, time, and location for your written test. The written test consists of sections on memory, reading comprehension, grammar and syntax, math, mechanical reasoning, and spatial reasoning.
*Firefighter EMT / Paramedic job posting will be open from August 9, 2017 through August 16, 2017 at 5:00 P.M., or until we have received the first 50 qualified accepted applications. Testing will be scheduled the week of September 4, 2017. Applicants will be notified of the time, date and location of the candidate test.
ADA COMPLIANCE: Physical Ability: Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds). Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate depths. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate textures. Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Environmental Factors: Tasks may risk exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, odors, dust, wetness, humidity, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, and toxic/poisonous agents when conducting inspection activities.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.