Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic
Deadline: December 5, 2017
Salary: $46,021 Annually
Applicants must possess a valid Florida Class E Driver’s License prior to appointment and, if hired, are required to maintain such license as a condition of employment. Designated candidates will be required to complete the selection process, background investigation, driving check, reference checks, and drug and medical screenings.
In the past 36 months: Applicants must not have been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances NOR have had a driver’s license suspension under the point system. In the past 24 months: Must not have been convicted of three (3) moving violations.
Applicants must be a non-user of tobacco or tobacco products for at least one (1) year prior to application submittal date as evidenced by a signed affidavit (which will be provided/completed at a later date).
Must abide by Palm Beach County Fire Rescue policy I-2 (Professional Appearance Standards) at time of appointment.
Policy can be found at:
Use the Job ID based on the Position Location as follows:
Provides protection of life and property through firefighting, basic and advanced life support, and mitigation of other manmade and natural disasters including hazardous materials accidents. Drives and operates fire and rescue apparatus. Performs strenuous and hazardous tasks under emergency conditions. These tasks may involve extreme exertion under such conditions as smoke and cramped surroundings, contact with diseases, toxic gases, explosive mixtures and radioactive material.
QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. Graduation from high school or an equivalent recognized certification
2. Current Florida Firefighter Minimum Standards Certification (Certificate of Compliance as approved by the State of Florida Bureau of Fire Standards)
3. Current Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification ORFlorida Paramedic certification (NOTE: National Registry EMT certification will NOT be accepted)
4. Passed the IAFF-sanctioned, national standard Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) between December 3, 2016 and December 5, 2017 (additionally, if selected for hire, candidate must have passed a CPAT within one  year prior to hire date)
5. Valid Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) certification.
Apply online at www.pbcgov.jobs. Applications submitted by any other method will NOT be accepted.
When you apply for this position, you will see a series of navigation tabs located along the top of the online application. Refer to the Application Guide (under Quick Links on the Online Employment Application) for instructions on how to complete an Online Employment Application. Be sure to complete ALL application tabs (Profile, Education, Experience, Supplemental Questions, Military Service, Skills, Other Information, Attach Documents, etc.) Incomplete applications will result in elimination from the hiring process.
Please note additional instructions regarding these specific application tabs below:
-You MUST document if you possess the minimum qualification of graduation from high school/equivalent.
Failure to document this will result in elimination from the hiring process.
Supplemental Questions Tab
-You MUST answer all of the supplemental questions.
Failure to respond to all supplemental questions will result in elimination from the hiring process.
-You must list ONLY your Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance certificate number in section B. DO NOT ENTER ANY OTHER DATA IN SECTION B OF THIS TAB.
Attach Documents Tab
You must upload ONLY the following:
A. Required certificates/documents
1. Current Florida Firefighter Minimum Standards Certification (Certificate of Compliance as approved by the State of Florida Bureau of Fire Standards) NOTE: If you have recently successfully completed the Florida Minimum Standards course but have not received the Certificate of Compliance you must provide your certificate number by uploading a scanned sheet of paper with your name and certificate number written or typed on it.
2. Current Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification ORFlorida Paramedic certification
3. IAFF-sanctioned, national standard Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) dated between December 3, 2016 and December 5, 2017
4. Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) certification
Do NOT upload unspecified, unrequested, or additional certifications/resume/etc. Additional licenses, certifications, education will not be considered at this time.
B. Veteran’s Preference documentation (if applicable), or requests for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations (if applicable).
1. If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, upload the Florida Veteran’s Preference Certification form, DD214, and any other supporting documentation
2. If you are requesting an ADA Accommodation, either upload the request or contact Palm Beach County Human Resources directly
Please redact/mark through/omit Social Security numbers prior to uploading documents
Palm Beach County Human Resources will contact selected applicants with specific process dates/times when necessary. Selection process dates/times WILL NOT be changed for candidates.
If your address, phone number, and/or email address changes, contact Palm Beach County Human Resources to provide up-to-date contact information.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.