Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic
Deadline: Not Given
Salary: $61,548.00 – $78,876.00 Annually
The City of University Park Fire Department is now accepting applications for qualified Firefighter/EMT and/or Firefighter/Paramedic applicants. The next written examination for the position of Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic is scheduled for Friday, November 10, 2017.
- Base Compensation starting at $59,448 annually up to $75,876 annually
- Assignment Pay starting at $175/month up to $250/month
- $35 per MICU shift worked
- Paramedic Pay up to $400/month if applicable
- Education and Advanced Fire Certification Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement for credit hours obtained at a regionally accredited college or university
- Retirement Benefits with Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a 7% employee contribution and 2:1 city match
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 19 by job posting closing date.
- TCFP Basic Structural Fire Certification.
- TDSHS Certified as an EMT or Paramedic. Paramedic preferred.
- IFSAC Fire and National Registry EMS certifications will be recognized.
- Copies of all certifications must be submitted with application or by closing date to Human Resource Department (attachments with application submissions are acceptable).
- Must pass a written exam, physical ability test, medical physical, psychological exam, polygraph, and drug test.
Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity associated with assigned duties. Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, crawl, lift, and transport victims of accidents and fires. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, electrical hazards, communicable diseases, and hazardous environments while engaged in fire fighting, delivery of emergency medical services or other rescue activities.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.