Deadline: January 16, 2016
Salary: $36,328 to $52,193 Per Year
The Ormond Beach Fire Department is currently hiring for an immediate opening for Firefighter/EMT.Â This position requires FireTEAM and a valid NTN CPAT.Â All testing must be completed by January 16, 2016.
The department requires the candidate PHQ.Â You can access the questionnaire through your candidate account.Â The PHQ must be completed by the closing date or you may not be considered further in the process.
Those wishing to claim Veterans’ Preference must request a form from Human Resources at email@example.com.
Please DO NOT call Human Resources or the Department directly. Please direct all questions to National Testing Network Customer Support. Candidates selected to move forward in the process will be contacted by the Department at that time.
Salary Information:Â $36,328 to $52,193 â€“ All positions are entry level starting pay
Benefit Information:Â The City of Ormond Beach provides a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for employees
- Optional medical, dental, and vision insurance for dependents
- Paid life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance premiums for employees
- Optional life insurance for dependents
- Long term disability insurance for employees
- Optional voluntary benefits: accident, cancer, universal life and critical illness
- City pension system with a defined benefit (fully vested in the pension system after 10 years of service)
- Optional deferred compensation program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Direct deposit
- Annual Personal Leave of 132 hours for first year of employment
- Paid holidays
- Education assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Department Overview:Â The Ormond Beach Fire Department protects a community of approximately 38,000 residents living in an approximately 36 square-mile area within the City limits of Ormond Beach, a coastal community. We also provide automatic aid through a Closest Unit Responses with neighboring cities and unincorporated areas of Volusia County. The Department consists of 46 career Firefighters with the ranks of Firefighter, Driver Engineer, Captain, Battalion Commanders and Fire Chief who are housed in four strategically located fire stations. Personnel are cross-trained as firefighter / paramedics or firefighter / EMT’s. Staffing is divided into three shifts: A, B, and C. Each 24-hour shift is under the command of a Battalion Commander. Our department responds to approximately 7,000 emergencies annually. All communication services including 9-1-1 access and countywide dispatch are handled by the Volusia County Sheriffâ€™s Office Fire/EMS/Police Communications Center. The Ormond Beach Fire Department provides Advanced Life Support emergency medical services. The transport of a patient is provided by Volusia County Emergency Medical Services.
US Citizen: Lawfully work in US
High School Grad/GED: Yes
Valid FLORIDA State Driver’s License: Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
- Possession of a valid State of Florida Firefighter’s Certificate of Compliance; and
- Possession of a valid State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic License; and
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC); and
- CPR-Healthcare Provider certification; and
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification (for paramedics)
Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers:
- Convicted of a misdemeanor relating to perjury, false statement, or moral turpitude
- Convicted of a felony or a crime punishable by imprisonment of 1 year or more under the law of the United States or of any state thereof, or under the law of any other country
- Dishonorably discharged from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
Driving Disqualifiers: A poor driving record will classify a candidate as undesirable; however, it will not necessarily remove a candidate from consideration.
Drug Use Disqualifiers: Ormond Beach is a drug-free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is conducted prior to hire.
Employment Disqualifiers: Applicant will be disqualified if he/she omitted material information or presented false oral or written information during his/her consideration for employment.
Financial Disqualifiers: A poor credit history and financial background will classify a candidate as undesirable; however, it will not necessarily remove a candidate from consideration.
Tobacco Use Policy: Compliance with Florida Statute 633.34 is required including no tobacco usage for a period of twelve months (12) months preceding employment, and be non-smoking/ non-tobacco users throughout employment.
Tattoos Policy: Any tattoo and/or branding shall not be visible.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.