Salary: $10.17 – $12.46 Per Hour
The Taylor County Fire Rescue is currently building an eligibility list for Firefighter/EMT.Â The department may set a closing date for testing at a later date.Â Candidates should submit and schedule for testing as soon as possible to ensure getting placed on the current list.
Candidates selected to move forward will be contacted by the department and receive the County application.Â Please do not contact the department regarding the next steps of the hiring process.
Salary Information:Â $10.17 – $12.46
Benefit Information:Â See job description on website.
High School Grad/GED: Yes
Valid FLORIDA State Driver’s License: Valid, current Florida Class E driverâ€™s license.
Two or more years recent fire fighting/EMT experience and/or Paramedic is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Requirements include those established by Section 633.34, 633.35, Florida Statutes, as relates to initial certifications as a firefighter and certification as an Emergency Medical Technician as prescribed in Florida Statutes, Chapter 401 and Florida Rules 10D-66. Possession of a current Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) certification or equivalent is required, as is current valid Florida Class E driverâ€™s license.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Valid, current Florida Class E driverâ€™s license.
- Maintain fire station and grounds.
- Inspect and start up all fire fighting and rescue equipment daily, repair/replace as necessary.
- Participate in in-service training and practices.
- Aid in training and leadership of fire volunteers.
- Complete and maintain logs, forms, and reports of activities.
- Possess knowledge of water mains, fire hydrants, and major fire hazards.
- Participate in pre-fire planning.
- Possess geographic knowledge of the City and County.
- Ascertain that all medical supplies for BLS patient care are in place on all units before start of shift.
- Provide BLS patient care in accordance with standards.
- Must meet proficiency standards.
- Any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must successfully pass a physical exam by the Medical Director.
- Must successfully pass a physical assessment test.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to talk and to hear.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and fingers.
- Employee is required to operate various motor vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Often required to lift and/or move heavy items or patients exceeding one’s own body weight.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform heavy lifting.
- Often required to work long hours on limited rest.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.