Deadline: April 27, 2018
Salary: 13.84 Per Hour
The City of Taylor Fire Department is governed by Local Government Code Civil Service
Chapter 143. An applicant must meet the Minimum Eligibility Requirements for
Firefighters in order to be eligible to test. Upon completion of the written test, an eligibility
list is created based on the applicant’s test score and additional points for military service,
is applicable. This list will remain in effect for up to one year or until it is exhausted,
whichever one occurs first. The following is a summary of the application requirements:
To be considered for employment with the City of Taylor, an applicant
must complete and submit an Application with required related
documents and meet these requirements:
- The application must contain truthful and complete responses. Failure to answer a question in its entirety or failure to completely fill out the application may lead to disqualification from further consideration.
- All sections of the Application must be completed.
- If a question or section does not apply to you, mark it as “N/A” or not applicable.
- Be thorough and complete in listing all previous and current education and employment. List all schools attended including Fire and EMT training. In addition, explain any gaps in education and employment history.
- You can receive military service credit points if you have previous military service showing a minimum of 180 days of active military service at the time of application and by the specified application deadline. Any discharge other than honorable discharge is not creditable for the purpose of this section. Points will not be given to you if the DD-214 form is not received prior to the start of the entrance exam.
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate / proof of eligibility from Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS)
- Basic Firefighter Certification / Notice of eligibility from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Texas DPS Driver Record showing all accidents and violations in record (Type 3)
- NOTE: Signed and notarized Authorization for Release of Information is due by May 19, 2018, date of Physical Agility test
Completed Application online and upload required documents by May
4, 2018. Failure to meet this deadline shall render the candidate
ineligible to take the examination.
Applicants may order the practice “CEB Candidate Orientation Guide” by clicking the
following link: http://www.fpsi.com/fire-candidate-orientation-guides/. The CEB
Candidate Orientation Guide is a helpful tool to prepare for the exam and can be
downloaded as a PDF file and saved or printed.
Please read through the disclaimer on the order page in order to have a successful
download. Payments will be submitted through PayPal via an account or credit/debit
card. Once payment is submitted, PayPal automatically redirects you back to the FPSI
site where access to the download link will be located on the Order Details-Checkout
Status page. Applicants must pay close attention to ALL instructions on both FPSI and
PayPal’s websites in order to access the instant download successfully.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.