Deadline: June 21, 2019
Salary: $16.98 Per Hour
Participate in public safety by responding to fire suppression, emergency medical services (EMS), technical rescue, and hazardous materials emergency responses. Participate in public education and fire prevention duties as needed. Principal Duties:
- Provide firefighting, EMS, hazardous material, and technical rescue as needed to meet the fire departments mission.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of fire department facilities, apparatus, and equipment. Report problems though the chain of command.
- Perform pre-fire plans of city businesses to identify potential hazards to firefighter safety.
- Participate in and assist with training classes, drills, and public education programs.
- Maintain all assigned PPE and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as required.
- Follow city and departmental policies.
- Drive ambulance and fire apparatus as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Valid Texas Driver’s License. Texas Firefighter certificate and Emergency Medical Technician certificate (EMT) OR Texas Firefighter certificate and Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P). Knowledge of modern firefighting, technical rescue, EMS, and hazardous material techniques. Knowledge and proficiency of EMS Protocols. Knowledge of city streets, water supply systems, and fire suppression systems. Knowledge of breathing air compressor and cascade systems. Ability to maintain Emergency Medical certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), state firefighter certification with Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP), basic Structural Certification, or any other applicable certifications, as directed by the department. Ability to meet requirements of the Professional Development Guide for this position. Supplemental Information:
Written test, Physical Assessment and Panel Interviews will be held on July 11 and/or 12, 2019.
Qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements by the closing of the posting period will be contacted with instructions. Additional information regarding employment with CSFD can be found here: https://bit.ly/2HdjGMx
Paramedic Certification pay: $2,400/annually
HAZMAT Certification pay: $600/annually
Other monthly add pays available for education, certification and specialized training.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.