Deadline: September 9, 2015
Salary: Academy Stipend: $4,500.00 Per Month; Step 1 of Firefighter/Engineer: $8,324.22
- By the written test deadline, applicant must be at least 21 years of age and has not reached 35 years of age with the following exception: Applicants 35 years of age and older MUST have a minimum of five (5) years of full time firefighting experience within the last 10 years prior to the closing date of the written test deadline.
- Vision requirement follows the NFPA 1582 standard of visual acuity of not less than 20/40 corrected in each eye and not less than 20/100 uncorrected in each eye with only mild red/green color defects being acceptable. Please reference NFPA 1582 for further detail regarding vision requirements.
- Applicants must hold a current EMT-1 certificate by the written test deadline with the ability to certify within the County of Santa Clara at time of appointment.
Due to Department need for the 2016 Academy, the following is a requirement by the written test deadline:
- Firefighter I Academy Certification from an â€œAccredited Regional Training Program,â€ as approved by the California Office of State Fire Marshal/State Fire Training
- Firefighter I Certification from the California Office of State Fire Marshal/State Fire Training.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found on the National Testing Networkâ€™s website.