Deadline: September 4, 2015
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of July 29, 2011, unless the individual falls under one of the exceptions to the statutory maximum hiring age detailed in 70 ILCS 705/16.06 or 65 ILCS 2/10-2.1-6. Proof of date of birth is required.
- US Citizen
- High School Grad/GED
- Valid ILLINOIS State Driver’s License
- Ability to Read/Speak English
- Medical evaluation including vision and other requirements will be in accordance to the most current National Fire Protection Association Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Districts (NFPA 1582).
- Firefighter Basic Operations (Firefighter II) from the Illinois Office of State Fire Marshal Certification.
- At a minimum candidates must possess the following certifications prior to applying:
- State of Illinois Basic Operations Firefighter or Firefighter II
- Licensed State of Illinois Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B)
- Valid CPAT with ladder climb endorsement certificate card within 12 months prior to application deadline (09/04/14 or later)
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found on the National Testing Networkâ€™s website