Deadline: October 2, 2017
Salary: $63,445.82 Annually
Invites applications for the position of:
Application Deadline: October 2, 2017
ALFPD MISSION:We provide quality emergency response, prevention and education services, to ensure community well-being and delivery of compassionate help in time of need.
The Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District operates as an Illinois special district unit of local government. The District provides fire prevention, fire suppression, rescue, special unit response, and emergency medical services. A five-member Board of Trustees elected at large from the community serves as the governing corporate authority.
The ALFPD encompasses a 22 square-mile jurisdiction located in parts of McHenry (75 percent) and Kane (25 percent) Counties along the Fox River. It operates out of three stations, serving a residential population of approximately 40,000, and protects a mix of residential, light industrial and commercial development. The District employs 66 commissioned and non-commissioned firefighting personnel and 3 civilian staff members, who responded to 3,897 emergency incidents in 2016.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
|Salary Range||Jan. 1, 2018|
|After 1 year||71,230.63|
|After 5 years||85,756.70|
|Educational Incentives||Longevity Pay|
|– After 5 years of full-time service with ALFPD
– Attaining Fire Science / EMS degrees
– Incentives ranging from $400/yr to $1,200/yr
|– After 05 yrs of service – $500/yr
– After 10 yrs of service – $750/yr
– After 15 yrs of service – $1,000/yr
– After 20 yrs of service – $1,500/yr
|Vacation||Other Paid Leave|
|– First yr of service – 3 shift days
– 2 yrs through 4 yrs – 6 shift days
– 5 yrs through 9 yrs – 8 shift days
– 10 yrs through 14 yrs – 10 shift days
– 15 yrs through 19 yrs – 12 shift days
|– Sick Leave: 144 hrs/yr
– Personal Day: 24 hrs/yr
– Bereavement Leave
|– Health Insurance (PPO, HSA)
– Dental and Vision Insurance
– Life Insurance
– Article 4-Fire Pension (9.455% of regular earnings)
|– Optional Deferred Compensation Plan (457)–Nationwide
– Annual Medical Evaluation
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
– Optional cancer, intensive care, accident insurance, etc. policies (AFLAC, Liberty National)
The selection process includes application, written exam, oral interview, back-ground investigation and polygraph exam. Psychological and medical exams are completed upon conditional offer of employment.
AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
AT TIME OF CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT:
* Licensed CPAT testing agencies:
– NIPSTA, Glenview, IL – 847.998.8090 – www.nipsta.org/CPAT/info.aspx
– Southwest United Fire Districts, Darien, IL – 630.910.2087 – www.sufd.org
HOW TO APPLY & SCHEDULE WRITTEN EXAM:
- To complete an application and schedule your written exam, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for the ALFPD exam. Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Completion of the application process;
- Review all information related to the position and details about the testing process;
- Opportunity to take online practice tests;
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays;
- Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment;
You must submit your application and complete the written test on or before 10/2/2017.
Upon completion of the written exam, all candidate scores will be automatically forwarded to the ALFPD hiring officials. Candidates who attain a passing score will be placed on the department’s pool of eligible candidates to continue to participate in other stages of the selection process.
2. Return the Required Documents (See CHECKLIST) to Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District (1020 W Algonquin Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL 60156) on or before Monday, October 2, 2017.
a. Documents received after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
b. Faxed and/or postmarked documents will NOT be accepted.
c. Sending documents via traceable carrier is suggested to ensure timely delivery.
d. Documents may also be delivered personally to ALFPD Station 1 (1020 W. Algonquin Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL 60156) during the following hours (Mon–Fri 8:30a-4:30p; Closed Holidays and Weekends).TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted.
Questions about online application and/or written exam?
Please call: National Testing Network – 1 (866) 563-3882
Applications AND Written Exam Due On Or Before:
Monday, October 2, 2017
ALFPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLICATION/TESTING TIMELINE AND IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
August 28, 2017
|FIRST DAY APPLICATION AVAILABLE
Only online applications will be accepted.
To apply: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
October 2, 2017
|APPLICATION SUBMITTAL DEADLINE
Applications must be completed.
October 2, 2017
|SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SUBMITTAL DEADLINE
All supporting documentation MUST be received on or before Oct. 2, 2017 by 4:30 p.m. at:
ALFPD – Station 1 – Attn: Full-time Firefighter Recruitment
October 2, 2017
Written exam must be completed.
|PRELIMINARY ELIGIBILITY REGISTER POSTED
A candidate is eligible to be placed on this register based upon passage of the written examination. The cut-off score for the written examination will be based on the recommendations of the developer of the written examination and will be consistent with minimally qualified performance in the firefighter position.
Location: ALFPD – Station 1 – 1020 W Algonquin Road – Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Dates and times: to be determined.
The top twenty (20) candidates placed on the Preliminary Eligibility Register will be invited to participate in the oral interview. If in the event the 20thplace is a tie score, all candidates that achieve a 20thplace tie score will advance to the oral interview. Those eligible to participate will receive e-mail notification with the interview schedule.
The ALFPD Board of Fire Commissioners may consider the remainder of candidates that have achieved a passing score on the written examination as a “reserve list” of candidates that may be called, based upon their ranking score on the written examination, for an additional round of oral interviews.
|INITIAL ELIGIBILITY REGISTER POSTED
An initial Eligibility List of applicants will be established in numeric order based on a minimum passing score on the written examination and oral interview (written exam 50%, oral interview 50%).
|SUBMISSION OF PREFERENCE POINTS CLAIM FORM
Eligible candidates must submit the Preference Points Form with proof thereof within ten (10) days of posting of the Initial Eligibility Register or such claim shall be waived.
– Military (5 pts.): Minimum of one year active military duty with honorable discharge;
– Education (3 to 5 pts.): 3 pts. for AA in Fire Science or EMS; 4 pts. for BA in any field; 5 pts. for BA in Fire Science or EMS; 5 pts. for Master’s degree in any field. A diploma or official transcript from an accredited college or university indicating a degree has been obtained, must be submitted with the preference points application.
– Paramedic (5 pts.): Illinois or National Registry EMT-P (Paramedic). Must submit valid and current copy of IDPH or National Registry Paramedic license.
– Residency (1 pt.): Residence within the ALFPD jurisdiction. Proof must include at least 2 documents. Accepted documents include documents accepted by State of IL while acquiring a DL or State ID;
– Additional (2 to 5 pts.): 2 pts. for FF Basic or Advanced Certification; 2 pts. for current ALFPD Part-time Firefighter; 1 pt. for current ALFPD FIT (Firefighter Internship Training) student; 1 pt. for Spanish speaking language fluency (proven by ALFPD assigned test).
Detailed description of preference points and application will be provided to eligible candidates.
|FINAL ELIGIBILITY REGISTER POSTED
A Final Eligibility List, which includes all Preference Points will be established. The eligibility list is valid for a period of two (2) years from the date of certification by the ALFPD Board of Fire Commissioners.
Further participation in the selection process will take place as vacancies occur. Applicants will be invited, in rank order, as law permits, to participate in and successfully advance through the following steps:
Additional minimum requirements at time of selection and or conditional offer of employment are:
– Must provide proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency within the prior 12 months of conditional offer of employment.
– Current Illinois or National Registry EMT- P (Paramedic);
– Valid Illinois Driver’s License;
– In depth background and polygraph passage
– In-depth psychological evaluation (Pass/Fail basis);
– NFPA 1582 based on Medical examination including drug screen (Pass/Fail basis).
Check your e-mail regularly for important information
about the recruitment process.
All communications will be sent via e-mail only.
Applications will not be verified until after the deadline has passed. Candidates who submit applications lacking proper documentation as indicated above will be eliminated from employment consideration. The Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District is not responsible for late, misdirected or incomplete application submissions. You must submit all required documents by the deadline in order to be eligible to attend any portion of recruitment process. You may drop your application documents off in person or by mail; however, all documents including your online application and the completion of the written exam are due by the deadline as indicated.
YOU MUST SUBMIT RELEASE FORMS & REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO:
ALGONQUIN-LAKE IN THE HILLS FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
ATTN: FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER RECRUITMENT
1020 W ALGONQUIN RD
LAKE IN THE HILLS, IL 60156
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.