Deadline: September 27, 2017
Salary: $65,052.00 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Burbank is now accepting applications for the position of Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic.
Testing is being conducted for 4 immediate new hires and to establish an Eligibility List for future anticipated hiring needs.
Burbank is located in Cook County, at the southwest edge of the city of Chicago. Conveniently located only 12 miles southwest of the Loop, and bordered by Oak Lawn, Bridgeview and Bedford Park makes living in Burbank a great place to raise a family or establish a business.
The goal of the Burbank Fire Department is to save lives and property and to prevent the citizens of Burbank from further danger by natural or man-made disaster and accidents.
The Fire Department is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with an average shift of 9 full-time firefighters and paramedics. Shifts consist of 24 hours on duty followed by 48 hours off. Manning consists of 2 Officers, 2 Engineers, and 4-6 Firefighter/Paramedics, depending on staffing. The Department fleet consists of four Engines, one Aerial Tower, one Heavy Rescue Squad, one Technical Rescue Trailer, three Advance Life Support Ambulances (paramedic staffed), two Service Vehicles, and three Command Vehicles.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 9/27/17 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Burbank FD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or must provide documentation of authorization to work in the U.S. legally.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants MUST have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (9/27/17). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years at the time of application (9/27/17) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Certifications and Training: The applicant MUST be State of Illinois, Office of the State Fire Marshall, Certified Basic Operations Firefighter (formerly Firefighter II) and MUST be certified as an EMT-P by the State of Illinois at the time of application 9/27/17.
- Residence: The City of Burbank does not have a residency requirement at this time.
- CPAT Card: Must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certification with Ladder Climb Exercise at the time of application, MUST have been issued between the dates of 9/27/16 and 9/27/17.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the
packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $50.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Burbank Fire Department or City Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation
and test date:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, October 14, 2017
Registration Starts at 8:00 AM
Orientation – 8:30 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Reavis High School
6034 W. 77th Street
Burbank, IL 60459
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.