Deadline: November 19, 2015
Salary: $3,518 – $4,930 Per Month
- Effective August 1, 2008, applicants for appointment to the Charleston Fire Department must be licensed as an EMT-B, EMT-I, or EMT-P under the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Systems Act. (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-31)
- All applicants shall be under 35 years of age, unless exempt from such age limitations as provided in Section 5/10- 2.1 of the Fire and Police Commissioners Act.
- Be at least 21 years of age as of Nov. 19, 2015.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Possess a valid driversâ€™ license.
- Submit a completed application with no omissions.
- Must reside within Coles County within six (6) months of hire.
- Applicants must be licensed as a EMT-Paramedic under the EMS Systems Act (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-31) prior to hire.
Dec. 5, 2015 @ 8 am where candidates will participate in a mandatory orientation session, written examination (70%), physical agility testing (pass/fail) and an oral interviews where a group interview technique will be utilized (70%), which will be done the same day.
Starting Salary (per contract):
0-6 months – $3518/ month
6 months â€“ 1 year – $3913/ month
2nd year – $4500/ month 3-5 years – $4930/ month
Other salary steps are in the labor contract
Applications are available online at www.charlestonillinois.org or at Charleston City Hall, 520 Jackson Avenue, Charleston, IL. Postmark deadline for applications returned by mail is Thursday Nov. 19, 2015. Deadline for applications delivered to City Hall is close of business Thursday, Nov.19, 2015. There is a Twenty-five Dollar ($25) non-refundable application fee. Said fee MUST be attached to application packet.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.