Deadline: February 14, 2020
Cherry Valley Fire Protection District
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020 at 2:00 PM
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee;
- US Citizenship;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED);
- Valid Driver’s License at the time of application, must obtain a Valid Illinois CDL or exempt license within 12 months of employment;
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible for hire and less than 35 years of age prior to an offer of employment, unless exempt by IL state statute;
- Illinois OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification; prior to offer of employment
- IDPH EMT-P certification prior to offer of employment
- CPAT/Ladder Climb certification must be issued within one year prior to application deadline (2/14/2019- 2/14/2020)
- Must obtain Firefighter III / Advanced Firefighter Technician certificate issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal within three years of employment
- Must obtain Fire Apparatus Engineer certificate issued by the Division of Personnel Standards and Education of the State Fire Marshal’s Office within 24 months of employment
- Color vision adequate to identify red, green, and yellow color. Far visual acuity: 20/30 binocular each eye (corrected) with the ability to use a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus through a corrected lens face piece or contact lens. Peripheral vision of 140 degrees or better.
Required Documentation due 2/14/2020 – documentation must be mailed or hand delivered:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb
- Copy of EMT- P License (if applicable)
- Copy of Illinois OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certificate (if applicable)
Mandatory Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Cherry Valley FPD Station 2
4919 Blackhawk Road
Sign-in opens at 8:30 AM, please arrive no later than 9:00 AM with photo-identification to sign-in.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number – save this number for your records. You will also have to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 2/14/2020.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.