Deadline: January 15, 2016
The Board of Fire Commissioners of the Cherry Valley Fire Protection District announces that it will be testing for the positions of Firefighter / Paramedic. Applications will be available at the Cherry Valley Fire Protection District Administration Building located at 202 E. State Street, Cherry Valley, Illinois Monday through Friday, December 14, 2015 thru January 15, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Completed Applications will only be accepted at the above address Monday through Friday, December 14, 2015 through January 15, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Age: Applicants must have attained the age of 21 prior to an offer of employment and be under the age of 35 at the time of an offer of employment unless the candidate meets a statutory exemption.
- Certification Requirements: Applicants will be required to possess the following certifications at the time of application;
EMT P certificate issued by the State of Illinois Department of Public Health
Firefighter II / Basic Firefighter certificate issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal
Must obtain Firefighter III / Advanced Firefighter certificate issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal within three years of employment
Must obtain Fire Apparatus Engineer certificate issued by the Division of Personnel Standards and Education of the State Fire Marshalâ€™s Office within 18 months of employment
Valid Illinois driverâ€™s license (Must obtain a Valid Illinois CDL or exempt license within 12 months of employment)
Hazardous Materials Operations certificate issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal must be obtained within 12 months of employment
- Vision Standard: Color vision adequate to identify red, green, and yellow color. Far visual acuity: 20/30 binocular each eye (corrected) with the ability to use a Self Contained Breathing Apparatus through a corrected lens face piece or contact lens. Peripheral vision of 140 degrees or better.
- Education: Graduation from high school or evidence of a G.E.D. equivalence diploma.
- Testing Content: The testing process may include, but may not be limited to:
- Written examination to be held on February 6, 2016 at 9:00 AM at CVFPD Station 2 located
at 4919 Blackhawk Road, Rockford, Illinois
- Oral interview to be held February 27, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and (if needed)
February 28, 2016.
- Valid CPAT with ladder certification to be submitted by applicant by March 1st, 2016 at the CVFPD Administration Building located at 202 E. State Street, Cherry Valley, Illinois between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM
- Conditional Offer of Hire: Upon receiving a conditional offer of hire, all candidates will be subject
to a personal, employment, and criminal history background check (including State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigation records) and must pass a complete medical examination, which may include comprehensive drug testing, and a psychological test. The fire district reserves the right to require any employee to become or EMT-P as Certified by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
In the event that two or more candidates achieve the same overall score, the candidate whose application was received first by the Cherry Valley Fire Protection District, as evidenced by the time and date stamped on the received application, will be placed on the eligibility list ahead of the other candidate(s) who have the same score.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply: The full job description can be found HERE.