Deadline: December 12, 2018
Salary: $54,084 Annually
Firefighter/Paramedic Application Process
Chicago Heights Fire Department, Chicago Heights, Illinois
The Chicago Heights Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic.
Sworn Personnel: 60
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Chicago Heights Fire Department:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record (will be required proof of identification at all phases of testing);
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- At least 18 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age at time of the application deadline (December 12, 2018);
- No felony convictions;
- Be certified at an EMT by the State of Illinois or be eligible for reciprocity (EMT-B);
- Attend a mandatory orientation program on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 6:30 pm at Bloom High School;
- Pass a mandatory written exam administration on Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 8:00 am at Bloom High School;
- Must present a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certification with any licensed agency, issued no more than 12 months prior to time of job appointment;
- Additional information on the CPAT and Ladder Climb Certifications is available in the “Summary of the Hiring Process” section of the application.
- Must meet the requirements of a background investigation, pass an oral examination, and medical, drug, psychological and polygraph tests;
- Be certified as a paramedic in the South Cook County Emergency Medical Service System at Ingalls Hospital, Harvey, Illinois and the State of Illinois prior to the date the candidate is hired as a Firefighter/Paramedic for the city;
- Be certified as having successfully completed the Physical Agility Test (CPAT) within one year before date of hire;
- Become a resident of the City of Chicago Heights within 12 months after hiring date;
- Pay a $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Application deadline is Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information,
please visit the following website:
The City of Chicago Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.