Deadline: June 1, 2016
Salary: $47,754 Annually
Beginning May 2, 2016, applications for Firefighter/Paramedic for the Village of Chicago Ridge will be available at the Office of the Village Clerk located at 10455 S Ridgeland Avenue, Chicago Ridge between 8:30 am â€“ 5:30 pm MONDAY thru FRIDAY and 9:00 am â€“ 12:00 pm SATURDAY. Completed applications must be returned no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 1, 2016. A $25 non-refundable fee must be paid at the time of obtaining applications.Â TestingÂ will be held on Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and must not have attained their 35th Birthday by the date of appointment,
- Possess a valid driverâ€™s license,
- Be a U.S. citizen,
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Basic Operations Firefighter
- Certification or proof of successful completion of the OSFM Basic Operations FirefighterÂ curriculum and objectives from a recognized Fire Academy,
- Have a current State of Illinois Certified Paramedic status certificate,
- Have obtained a CPAT certification with ladder climb no more than one year prior toÂ testing,
- Be able to speak, read and write the English language fluently,
- And meet such other requirements as set forth by the Illinois Compiled Statutes and theÂ Chicago Ridge Fire and Police Commission Rules and Regulations.
- APPLICANT MUST PASS WRITTEN, ORAL, PHYSICAL, PSYCHOLOGICALÂ EXAMINATION AND POLYGRAPH TEST.
SALARY AND BENEFITSÂ
Starting salary $47,754. Hospitalization, Dental, Optical, Life Insurance, Uniform Allowance, Vacation, Sick Days, Fire Pension Plan.
Board of Fire and Police Commission Village of Chicago Ridge
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be foundÂ HERE.