Deadline: October 31, 2017
Salary: $94,244.80 – $114,606.70 Annually
- Responds to emergency and routine alarms as part of a firefighting team, lays hose, sets ladders, ventilates buildings and performs salvage/overhaul functions
- Provides basic and advanced life support services to ill and injured persons in accordance with policies and protocols
- Compiles necessary reports
- Attends all workshops and continuing education classes required to maintain Paramedic certification
- Performs routine maintenance of station, apparatus and related equipment
- Assists in fire safety inspections of buildings for adherence to regulations or in emergency pre-planning activities
- Participates in scheduled drills and training activities
- Performs other related duties
- State of California Paramedic License
- CPAT or Biddle Certification
- Proof of San Bernardino County Paramedic Accreditation prior to appointment to the position
- Successful completion of an accredited California State Fire Academy or possession of a Firefighter 1 certificate issued by the California Office of the State Fire Marshal at time of application, or verifiable out of state equivalent
The Chino Valley Fire District will accept applications for this position from September 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017 at 5:00PM only. The District Employment Application must be submitted online at www.cvifd.org, click on “Career Opportunities.” Applicants must include all documentation of required certification at the time of application submission (see below). Please do not provide copies of additional certifications at this time. Failure to provide required documentation will result in disqualification from the selection process.
The following materials must be submitted online within the timeframes specified:
- Copy of State of California Paramedic License at time of application
- Proof of successful completion of an accredited California State Fire Academy or possession of a Firefighter 1 certificate issued by the California Office of the State Fire Marshal at time of application, or verifiable out of state equivalent
- Proof of successful completion of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) or Biddle
- Proof of San Bernardino County Paramedic Accreditation (ICEMA) prior to appointment of the position (District will sponsor successful candidates to meet ICEMA requirement.)
Applicants are required to keep the District informed of any change in contact information. All information provided by the applicant will be subject to verification and investigation, which may cover the employment record and character of the applicant. Applicants are also expected to review and be in compliance with the District’s Grooming Standard, which is also available through the “Career Opportunities” link on the District website’s (www.cvifd.org) home page.
*Please note: The District has updated our body art policy.
CPAT or Biddle Certification:
Proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) or Biddle Test issued between September 1, 2016 and October 31, 2017 must be provided. The Chino Valley Fire District will not conduct its own CPAT or Biddle testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to confirm test dates and times, as well as pre-register for testing by contacting the authorized testing provider directly. Only one testing score will be accepted. Any costs associated with taking examinations are the responsibility of the applicant. Financial assistance may be available through the testing provider.
The Chino Valley Fire District is not responsible for delayed or unavailable testing results or for an applicant’s inability to complete the required testing due to the availability of testing services. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to complete the required examinations as early as possible.Selection Process
May include the following:
Application Appraisal, Written Examination, Panel Interview, Finalist Interview, Background Investigation, Reference Check, Polygraph Test, Psychological Assessment and Physical Examination including Drug Screen.
Applications received during the open recruitment period will be screened for conformance with minimum required qualifications as listed above. Those applications not meeting the position’s minimum requirements or lacking copies of all required certifications will be rejected. All statements made on an employment application are subject to verification
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.