Deadline: October 31, 2017
The City of Collinsville, Illinois is accepting applications to establish an Eligibility Hiring Register for the position of full-time Firefighter/Paramedic. The City provides an excellent salary and benefits package.
Applicants must be certified paramedics or enrolled in paramedic school at the time of application. PROOF OF ENROLLMENT in paramedic school or PROOF OF CERTIFICATION must be submitted with the application.
Selection Requirement include:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess an Illinois Paramedic Certification at time of appointment
- Must possess a current “Candidate Physical Ability Test” CPAT Certificate
- Must not have any felony convictions
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and less than thirty-five (35) years of age (except per Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6
- Must pass a rigorous hiring process including: written test, oral interview, background investigation, polygraph test, psychological examination and physical examination
- Preference will be given to applicants with firefighter certification(s) and/or related college degree(s)
The City prefers online applications and qualified individuals may apply via the link to the right. However, hard copy application packets may be obtained at City Hall, 125 South Center Street, Collinsville, IL 62234.
Completed applications must be received by midnight CST on October 31, 2017. Hard copy applications may be hand delivered or mailed to City Hall at the address provided above.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.