Deadline: June 7, 2017
Salary: $55,187.46 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Country Club Hills is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic
The Country Club Hills Fire Protection District was the first paramedic unit in Southern Cook County system to serve its community since the inception of the paramedic program. Residents receive high quality emergency care response within minutes of receipt of a 911 dispatch.
The mission of the Country Club Hills Fire Department is to reduce fires and the loss of life by providing quality emergency response, code administration, fire prevention and community education services. The City’s fire service has been committed to excellence since 1957. The fire department has a rich history coming from a fire protection district in 1957 into the City of Country Club Hills in late 2000. A highly trained staff of firefighters work with the latest in fire protection equipment, including state-of-the-art vehicles.
The department has 21 full-time firefighter/paramedics as well as part-time personnel trained in fire suppression, vehicle operation and are certified as firefighters by the state. Training does not stop at the level of firefighter, as there are many special certifications and classes available. Many of the firefighters have continued their education to ensure the best service and use of the latest techniques in providing fire suppression. The department currently operates 2 fire stations each housing an Engine and ALS ambulance. One station also houses a 104-foot Tower Ladder.
Starting Salary: $55,187.46
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License:
- Must posses a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement:
- Applicant must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (6/7/17). applicants must be under the age of 35 years at the date of testing (6/24/17) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 – 2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection located in Illinois.
- Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- The applicant MUST be State of Illinois, Office of the State Fire Marshall, Certified Basic Operations Firefighter (formerly Firefighter II) and MUST be certified as an EMT-P by the State of Illinois at the time of application 6/7/17.
- Residency must be established within a 25 mile radius of the boundaries of Country Club Hills within 9 months of completion of probation.
- Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
- Must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certification at the time of application, MUST have been issued between the dates of 6/7/16 and 6/7/17.
The application deadline is:
June 7, 2017 at 4:00 PM
Applications will be online for purchase until 6/7/17 at 2:00 PM
Note: All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Country Club Hills FD
200 W. Higgins Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Application fee is non-refundable
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination
Saturday, June 24, 2017
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation 9:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Hillcrest High School
17401 Pulaski Road
Country Club Hills, IL 60478
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Country Club Hills, which is an Equal Opportunity employer
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.