Deadline: June 16, 2017
Salary: $63,793.00 – $94,130.00 Annually
The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Testing is being conducted to establish an Eligibility List for future available positions. Applications are available at www.crystallake.org until June 16, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST. You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship
- No Felony Convictions
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMT-Basic License (applicants required to be IDPH EMT-
Paramedic Certified by date of hire)
- MUST possess a current and valid CPAT card issued by a licensed agency no more than 12 months PRIOR to written exam date (CPAT cards must be dated from 6/29/16 – 6/29/17)
- MUST possess a current and valid Ladder Climb Certificate issued by a licensed agency no more than 12 months PRIOR to written exam date (Ladder Climb Certificate must be dated from 6/29/16 – 6/29/17)
- Applicant must be 21 years of age at time of application deadline, and UNDER 35 years of age at time of application deadline AND at such time as the initial eligibility list is established, except as otherwise determined by State Statute.
- Upon completion of the 12 month probationary period, residency is required within one of the following Illinois counties: McHenry, Boone, Lake, Cook, DuPage, Kane, DeKalb and must be north of Route 38.
- Meet Visual Acuity Standard of correctable to 20/100 in each eye uncorrected, correctable to less than
20/40 and able to meet vision standards (NFPA 1582).
- Completion and submission of an online application and all required documentation (see attached
checklist) by the deadline of June 16, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Candidates taking the CPAT and/or Ladder Climb certification after the application deadline are required to bring COPIES of both certifications with them on test day to sign-in.
Written Exam/Orientation Information: Thursday, June 29, 2017 – 6:00 p.m. Crystal Lake Prairie Ridge High School 6000 Dvorak Road
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 6:00 p.m. with photo identification (valid Driver’s
License or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
Documents required for preference points will be requested upon establishment of the initial eligibility list.
The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department accepts for employment and promotes its employees without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status, order of protection status, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability to perform the essential job functions or any other status or class protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department bases its hiring practices and promotions on merit, experience, education and other qualifications applied to all applicants and in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity and as required by any other applicable federal, state, or local law. The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Persons needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify the City of Crystal Lake Human Resources Department in advance.
All information contained in or connected with this application will be considered personal and confidential to the extent possible or permitted by law and used only in conjunction with your possible employment by the Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department. Please furnish us with complete information as outlined in this application.
Any questions concerning the employment process should be directed to:
Director of Human Resources
City of Crystal Lake
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.