Deadline: May 24, 2017
Salary: $42,308.00 Annually
**READ ALL INFORMATION PRIOR TO COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND COMPLETED TESTING REQUIREMENTS WILL AUTOMATICALLY CAUSE YOUR APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED**
SALARY INCREASES TO $49,496 UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF SIX WEEK ORIENTATION PERIOD.
Veterans’ Preference Applies
Skilled technical work in the field of fire suppression, prevention and emergency medical services. Fulfill duties of employment as outlined in the CBA. Work is performed under the general direction of a Captain.
IMPORTANT: To download the Applicant Affidavit packet please CLICKHERE (Download PDF reader) . This packet includes four (4) documents that will need to be completed, notarized and submitted with your online application. Your application WILL BE REJECTED if all four (4) required documents are not attached with your application. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to edit anything or submit paperwork in person.
Essential Job Duties
- Lay, connect and place hose line in operation. Raise and climb ladders. Enter building and other fire involved areas. Use extinguisher, bars, hooks, lines, axes, and other hand equipment. Ventilate burning buildings and structures. Throws salvage covers and remove debris.
- Assist with delivery of emergency medical services and participates in rescue operations by carrying individuals from danger.
- Make regular inspections of apparatus and equipment and notify supervisor of defects. Assist Driver-Engineer with routine maintenance and apparatus checkout as required. Ensure apparatus and equipment is in a constant state of operational readiness.
- Make visual and physical fire inspections of buildings to locate fire hazards.
- Attend and participate in drills and training sessions
- Follow published department EMS Protocols, SOG’s and administer basic life support to patients.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Knowledge of the positions of fire fighter and driver engineer and the skills to perform the duties of each.
Knowledge of the geography of the City with respect to streets, hydrants and building access information.
Knowledge of the location and layout of all high risk and special hazard occupancies, and the problems encountered with each.
Knowledge of the strategy and tactics of handling fire, rescue and medical emergencies and the ability to analyze and respond effectively under stress to each.
Knowledge of the record management system in use, the components of the system, and the functions of each.
Knowledge of paramedic principles, practices and techniques and how they are used in medical emergency operations.
Knowledge of and adherence to City, Department and Division’s policies, rules and regulations, SOG’s and protocols.
Ability to perform essential job functions effectively.
High school diploma or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Must be 18 years or older.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
State of Florida Paramedic Certification. (National Registry does not meet this requirement)
State of Florida Firefighter I and Firefighter II Certification
State of Florida Class E Drivers License
State of Florida Bureau of EMS recognized Emergency Vehicle Operators Course. (EVOC)
Current CPAT/PAT – applicants must have completed the CPAT/PAT no more than six (6) months prior to their prospective interview date
under unfavorable and life threatening situations.
Pass basic water safety
**Must pass swimming component**:
Treading water for 5 minutes
Swim four laps 100 yards – untimed
Hold breath under water for 30 seconds
Retrieve 10 pound brick in 12 feet of water
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.