Deadline: July 13, 2016
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- S. resident
- No felony convictions and no misdemeanor convictions for offense outlined in the Rules & Regulations of the Board of Fire & Police Commissioners (“Board’s Rules”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid Illinois driver’s license or ability to obtain one
- 20 to under 35 years of age as of the date of the written exam (8/6/2016), but must be 21 prior to appointment, unless otherwise provided by the Rules and Regulations and/or Illinois Statute.
- Illinois Department of Public Health or National Registry Paramedic License by application deadline
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Possess good moral character and sound health
- Submission of an online application and all required documents listed below by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Required documentation (must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on 7/13/16):
- Online application
- Consent and Release AgreementÂ (6 pages)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of valid IDPH or National Registry EMT-Paramedic License
Orientation and TestingÂ Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatoryÂ orientation and written examination on Saturday, August 6, 2016.Â Please arrive no later thanÂ 8:30 a.m. with photo ID to sign-in. Testing will be held at:
Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA)
2300 Patriot Boulevard
Glenview, IL 60026
Physical Ability Test:
Those who pass the written exam will be invitedÂ to the physical ability test on Saturday, August 13, 2016 at the Des Plaines Fire Station, located at 130 E. Thacker St., Des Plaines, IL 60016. Should we experience inclement weather, they physical ability test may be rescheduled for Sunday, August 14, 2016.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you willÂ receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign (and notarize, where needed) the required release forms and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 7/13/16.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.