Deadline: December 21, 2016
Salary: $12.59 ($36,662.08) – $18.75 ($54,600.00) Annually
Skilled technical work in the County Public Safety Department in the field of fire suppression, prevention, and emergency medical services. Work is performed under the general direction of a superior officer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the positions of firefighter and driver engineer and the skills to perform the duties of each
- Knowledge of the geography of the County with respect to streets, hydrants and building access information
- Knowledge of the location and layout of all high risk and special hazard occupancies, and the problems
encountered with each
- Knowledge of the strategy and tactics of handling fire, rescue, and medical emergencies and the ability to
analyze and respond effectively under stress to each
- Knowledge of the record keeping system in use, the components of the system, and the functions of each
- Knowledge of paramedic principles, practices, and techniques and how they are used in rescue operations
- Ability to carry out orders and to see that Department and County policies are adhered to
- Ability to perform Firefighter and ALS duties effectively and work rotating shift assignments
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
(A comparable amount of training, education, or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Possess a valid Class “E” Florida Driver’s License; State of Florida Firefighter Certification as authorized by F.S.S. 633; AdvancedCardiacLifeSupport;StateofFloridaParamedicCertification. WillacceptEMT/Firefighterthatwillbe Paramedic certified within six months from date of hire.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.