Deadline: November 18, 2016
Salary: $67,685 – $94,528 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Downers Grove, Illinois is accepting appointment(s) to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Downers Grove Fire Department.
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements Established by the Village of Downers Grove:Â ï‚·
- At least 21 years of age and not older than 35 at time of appointment, except per Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6 ï‚·
- U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Possess an Associate’s DegreeÂ -OR-Â the equivalent of at least 60 credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior collegeÂ (at time of application)
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision
- Present a valid CPAT card with Ladder ClimbÂ (date must be within 12 months of the application deadline of November 18, 2016)
- Possess a valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health – (IDPH)Â (at time of application)
- Possess a Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter (BOF) Certification from the Office of the State Fire Marshal (Illinois)Â (at time of application)
- Must successfully test into the Good Samaritan EMS SystemÂ (after tentative offer of employment)
- Must successfully complete a written examination
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, oral interview with the Board of Fire and Police Commission and psychological testing
- Must successfully complete a medical and visual examination
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee
All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior to the orientaion regarding their status in the process.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.