Deadline: November 11, 2015
Salary:Â $47,622.74 Per Year
The Fairview Park Civil Service Commission will hold a written examination for the position of full-time Firefighter/Paramedic on Saturday, November 14, 2015, at 9:30 am at the Fairview Park Senior Center, 20769 Lorain Road, Fairview Park, OH 44126. Check in will begin at 9:00 am. Candidates are required to show proper identification at check in. The exam is limited to the first 200 applicants. A list of reference books is available below.
- Applicants must be a United States citizen,
- Possess a valid driverâ€™s license and a
- High school diploma or its equivalent, and be
- 18 years old as of test date.
- No person shall be eligible to receive original appointment on or after their 31st birthday.
- Applicants are required to have paramedic certification at the time of appointment to the Fairview Park Fire Department. Certification must be in accordance with Ohio Department of Public Safety level of certification.
- Applicants must have appropriate continuing education hours as mandated by the State of Ohio for Emergency Medical Technology (EMT) Paramedic certification.
$47,622.74 plus benefits
A printable application is available below. Applications must be typed or printed legibly in ink, signed by the applicantâ€™s own hand, and notarized where required. Complete applications must include a copy of both applicantâ€™s valid driverâ€™s license and high school diploma or its equivalent.Submit applications in person at City Hall during regular business hours prior to the deadline of Wednesday, November 11, 2015, at 4 pm. Mailed in applications will not be accepted.
A non-refundable $35.00 application fee is due at time of submission. Fee may be cash or money order payable to the City of Fairview Park. No personal checks accepted. The $35.00 may be waived for those applicants who submit a notarized affidavit of financial hardship with their application. A blank affidavit will be made available upon request.
A valid certificate of completion of Cuyahoga Community Collegeâ€™s Firefighter Physical Agility Test must be presented at the time of first interview. A valid certificate has a completion date no older than 12 months at time of interview and a completion time of 4 minutes and 30 seconds (4:30) or less.
Contact the Fairview Park Civil Service Commission at 440-356-4499.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.