Firefighter And Firefighter/Paramedic
Deadline: October 24, 2015
Salary: 41,597 Per Year
Flagstaff Fire Department is currently hiring for Firefighter.Â All testing must be completed by October 24, 2015.
For more information, please visit the city website at www.flagstaff.az.gov/index.aspx.
- $41,597 for a FF EMT
- $47,800 for a FF Paramedic
Department Overview:Â The Flagstaff Fire Department is a progressive, growing organization which offers a number of challenging career opportunities and includes six strategically placed stations. To achieve our mission of protecting life and property against fire and
- responding to emergency medical needs, the 84 full-time men and women, along with numerous seasonal employees, utilize technical equipment and specialized training to achieve success on each call. We provide true allâ€“ risk service including: Fire, EMS, Special Ops (Haz?Tech, TRT, Short Haul), SWAT CEPâ€™s, Fire Investigation, Prevention and Wildfire mitigation. In 2014, we responded to approximately
- 12,000 calls for service that initiated 13,899 unit runs.
- Area Information:Â We live in a beautiful area with about 75,000 residents, 4 distinct seasons, and a centrally located University (NAU) that boasts 27,000 students. Flagstaff sits at 7000 feet elevation near the base of the San Francisco Peaks amongst the largest Ponderosa Pine forest in the world. There is a ski resort (Snow Bowl) 10 miles North of town, Sedona red rocks are 35 miles South of town, and outdoor opportunities are everywhere. While our department is not too big or too small, we are a very well trained, professional group that forms a family type atmosphere based around exceptional service. We are proud of achieving an ISO rating of 2 and of our close working relationships with several neighboring Fire districts, the USFS, State Land and local Law Enforcement. If mountain living is for you and you are a motivated professional, then please consider a job working as part of the Flagstaff Fire Department team.
- Age: 21
- US Citizen: Lawfully work in US
- High School Grad/GED: Yes
- Valid ARIZONA State Driver’s License: Yes
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
- Academy Certification:
- Academy Certification AZ or IFSAC
- Necessary Certifications:
- NREMT or Paramedic or AZ EMT or Paramedic
- Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers: No felony
- Driving Disqualifiers: Clean past 3
- Drug Use Disqualifiers: No illegal drugs
- Additional Disqualifiers: Must pass Physical exam and fitness testing.
How to Apply: To see full job description and start testing process go to the National Testing Network’s website by clicking HERE.