The City of Fond du Lac Fire Rescue is seeking applicants for a Fire Fighter/Paramedic. The Fire Fighter/ Paramedic position is an entry level, dual role responsibility in Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue. The Fire Fighter/ Paramedic is a Fire Fighter, who, in addition to performing routine firefighting duties, also is trained to provide Advanced Life Support medical care.
Application materials are available by clicking on the link below, by contacting Human Resources at (920) 322-3624, or at the City/County Building – 4th floor – 160 S. Macy Street, Fond du Lac, WI.
In order to have your application considered for possible employment as a Firefighter/ Paramedic, YOU MUST:
- Be legally entitled to work in the United States.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Possess a current EMT-Paramedic license by date of hire.
- Possess at least 15 college credits in a related field by date of hire.
- Possess a Firefighter I, Firefighter II, Fire Inspector I, Haz Mat Operations, and Wisconsin Fire Apparatus Driver Operator (FADO) certificate by date of hire.
- Successful completion of CPAT within 12 months of application and/or proof of full-time employment with paid Fire Rescue.
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Have vision in each eye correctable to 20/20 with compatibility with fire rescue equipment such as breathing apparatus.
- Sign the no-tobacco use agreement.
- Be of sound mental & physical health and meet all established standards.
- Successfully completed training in NIMS 100, NIMS 200, NIMS 700, and NIMS 800.
- Possess current CPR certification.
- Possess current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Reside within 15 miles from jurisdictional boundaries of the City of Fond du Lac 18 months after date of hire.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.
Find More Jobs HERE!!