Deadline: May 27, 2016
Salary: $51,000.00 Annually
The Fort Myers Beach Firefighter/Paramedic possesses skilled and specialized work abilities involving the prevention, suppression, and extinguishment of fires; performs rescue and emergency medical services, and assists in the control and resolution of incidents. The Firefighter / Paramedic works under the direct supervision of the Company Officer. He/she represents the department in a dignified manner by being well groomed, courteous, and tactful in all interactions with, or assisting, the public and other agencies.
The Firefighter/Paramedic may assist the Company Officer and the Driver/Engineer in carrying out department policies, rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
The Firefighter/Paramedic participates in aggressive training programs, regular drills, and responds to emergencies as a team member.
Applications are available online at www.fmbfire.org, and at The Fort Myers Beach Fire Control District Administration office located at 100 Voorhis Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931.
Applications must be filled out completely and include the required certifications. Incomplete applications and applications missing certifications will not be accepted. All applications and supplemental documentation required must be received by 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, on Friday, May 27, 2016. Submittal of applications can be via e-mail, US Postal Service (or equivalent), and in person. To submit your application online, please send your completed application with all required certifications and supplemental documentation to AdminApply@fmbfire.org.
The organization will screen applications as they are received and will notify the candidate of receipt.
All application information will remain confidential and references will not be contacted until the finalists are chosen, except where law prohibits.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be a non-smoker/non-user of tobacco for at least one (1) year prior to application
- Must possessa High School diploma or G.E.D.
Certificate or Licenses:
- Florida Driverâ€™s License (or eligible to obtain within 30 days of employment)
- Current National or Florida State Paramedic Certification (Nationally Registered Paramedics will be required to successfully challenge the Florida State program)
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS/ACLS and PALSÂ Â certification
Within One Year:
- Department Credentialed Paramedic
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- At least one (1) year as a Credentialed Paramedic â€“ defined as â€œAny Paramedic who works under a Physicians Medical License to act as a â€œLeadâ€ or Primary treating Paramedic on a 911/Emergent Transport Ambulance.â€
- Florida State Firefighter Certification
- Associate Degree or higher in Fire/Science, EMS, or a related field from an accredited college or university is desired.
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Certificate
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- 100, 200, 700, & 800
Candidates who successfully meet all requirements will be contacted and invited to the Districtâ€™s Assessment Center to take a written exam, physical agility assessment, and medical skills scenario. This event will be conducted on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at the Southwest Florida Public Service Academy, located at 4312 Michigan Avenue, Fort Myers, Florida 33905.
Candidates which successfully pass all three (3) phases of the assessment will then have the opportunity to interview on the same day.
Study materials for the exams include:
- Current edition Paramedic Texts (Brady, Mosby, Paramedic Care, etc.) and current 2015
- American Heart Association (AHA), PALS, BLS, ACLS Guidelines.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Paramedic (NREMTP) and AHA Practical Skills Sheets.
- You may obtain the required agility outline for the Employment Assessment on our website at: www.fmbfire.org.