Deadline: August 20, 2015
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 21 years of age at time of application, and under 35 years of age at time of appointment
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a current State of Illinois Firefighter II or Basic Operations – Firefighter certification
- Be able to show documented proof of current participation in an IDPH approved Paramedic program at the time of application OR be EMT-Paramedic certified by the Illinois Department of Public Health at time of hire.
- Must have a valid driverâ€™s license
- Provide proof of having passed a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT), as designed by the International Association of Fire Chiefs and International Association of Firefighters.Â Candidate exam must have been taken within 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- Must pass written examination and oral interview
- Must pass, after conditional job offer, polygraph test, medical exam, psychological exam, drug screening and an intensive background investigation
- If hired and prior to completing probation, you must live within 25 miles from the corporate limits of the City of Geneva.Â Residency must be obtained before the completion of his/her probationary period.
How to Apply:
- AnÂ application can be picked up at:
Fire Department’s Headquarters Station
200 E. Side Drive
Geneva, IL 60134
- Or downloaded HERE.