Deadline: November 13, 2015 (Only First 100 Applications)
Salary: $56,116 Per Year
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or have obtained a GED.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driverâ€™s license.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record as determined by the City of
- Highland Heights designated agent.
- Must hold a current State of Ohio certification as a Firefighter II.
- Must be certified by the State of Ohio as a Paramedic.
- Must obtain and maintain local medical director authorization to practice as a Paramedic.
- All certifications required must be maintained as a condition of employment.
- Must develop an understanding of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the National Response Plan (NRP) as well as the Incident Command System (ICS) qualified through National Response Plan (NRP) as well as the Incident Command System (ICS) qualified through the completion of recognized training and education courses.
- Must demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities by passing a written examination and skills test as prescribed by the Highland Heights Division of fire.
- Must successfully complete all pre-hire examination requirements including but not limited to; polygraph testing, psychological testing, drug testing, and a fire department medical physical.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the elements of combustion and methods of proper extinguishment.
- Knowledge of chemistry as it applies to toxic and flammable properties of various elements.
- Knowledge of the proper techniques to perform rescue and first aid operations to include the use of all fire department equipment including aerial devices
- Ability to perform difficult and dangerous work under emergency hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of City Personnel Manual.
- Knowledge of Fire Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPâ€™s).
- Physical Requirements
- Meet physical requirements as indicated for State certification.
- Must endure sustained acts of physical exhaustion and endure periods of duty under unfavorable and life threatening situations.
- Must meet firefighter physical requirements as prescribed by the Fire Chief.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Reaching, pulling, pushing, and throwing.
- Walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, bending, stooping, jumping, running, balancing, smelling, driving, climbing (including ladders).
- Lifting of moderately heavy (20-25 pound) items and occasionally very heavy (100 pounds of over) items.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.