Deadline: April 22, 2016
Firefighter/Paramedic Minimum Requirements:
- $35 non-refundable application fee
To request an application fee waiver due to financial hardship email IOS Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
- S. Citizen
- Between the ages of 21 and 34 at time of written exam on May 21, 2016
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driverâ€™s license
- Valid Illinois Department of Public Health EMT-Paramedic (IDPH EMT-P) OR National Registry license by date of application deadline (4/22/2016)
- Successful completion of CPAT and Ladder Climb within six (6) months prior to application deadline (4/22/2016). Card considered valid if dated 10/22/15 â€“ 4/22/16.
- Licensed CPAT/Ladder Climb testing agencies:
Central Illinois Fire Chiefs â€“ Decatur, IL â€“ centralillinoisfirechiefs.com – (217-424-2811)
NIPSTA â€“ Glenview, IL â€“ nipsta.org â€“ (847-998-8090)
SUFD â€“ Darien, IL â€“ sufd.org â€“ (708-579-2064)
ESEC Education Center â€“ Indianapolis, IN â€“ wayne.k12.in.us â€“ (317-988-7703)
- Completion of application and submission of ALL required documents by 2:00 p.m. on April 22, 2016.
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2016.Â Doors will open at 8:00 a.m. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driverâ€™s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in.Â There will be no late admittance. Test will be held at:
Highland Park High School â€“ 3rd Floor, Rooms A342, 343
433 Vine Street
Highland Park, IL
Candidates will participate in a written examination. The written examination will assess cognitive ability and non-cognitive factors. Testing should take approximately three (3) hours.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.