Deadline: September 23, 2016
Salary:$49,833 – $81,582 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Hillside, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Hillside Fire DepartmentSalary:Â $49,833 – $81,582 Population:Â 8,100 Sworn Personnel:Â 25
All applicants must meet the following minimumÂ requirementsÂ established by theÂ Village of Hillside:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid Illinois driver’s license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age (as of September 23, 2016) and must be UNDER 35 years of age as of date of hire, unless otherwise exempt by State Statute;
- Must have a current Paramedic certification in the State of Illinois at the time of hire;
- Must present CPAT certification issued by NIPSTA or SUFD by the date of the written examination (October 8, 2016);
- Must meet the requirements of a background check and pass a medical, psychological and polygraph test;
- Attend a mandatory orientation/written exam administration onÂ Saturday, October 8, 2016;
- $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Application deadline is Friday, September 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM.
- Military Experience: Active duty U.S. military service members with an un-redacted Honorable Discharge.Â DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Certified Paramedics: Applicants currently certified as paramedics will be awarded preference points on the final register list. A copy of valid certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application
- ApplicationsÂ MUSTÂ be submitted online by Friday, September 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications willÂ NOTÂ be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline willÂ NOTÂ be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: Â All candidates will receive an emailÂ approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.Saturday October 8, 2016 – Â Check-in between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.* Location:Â St. Domitilla School 605 Hillside Avenue Hillside, IL 60162Â Â *Doors will be locked at 9:00 a.m. No exceptions will be made for late arrivals. Â
- Candidates must present CPAT certification issued by NIPSTA or SUFD if they have not already submitted proof with their application.
- A mandatory orientation will immediately follow candidate check-in.
- The written examination will be administered following the orientation session. Candidates should expect to be on-site for testing until approximately 12 p.m.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.