Deadline: May 13, 2016
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application 2016
Application Deadline: May 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM
The online application must be completed and required documents submitted to IOS Recruitment no later than May 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- Between the ages of 20 and 35 years of age at the time of application deadline (5/13/16) unless exempt by statute (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident who has applied for citizenship
- Valid Driver’s License
- Applicants shall not have any tattoos that would be visible in whole or in part while wearing any uniform or apparel of the department
- Valid CPAT and Ladder climb issued by a licensed agency as of date of application deadline (5/13/16). Valid only if issued within 12 months PRIOR to 5/13/16. Cards accepting by all licensed agencies
- Must have valid IDPH or National Registry EMT-B license by application deadline (5/13/16). Paramedic license due at time of hire
- Completion and submission of online application and all required documents by May 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by May 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM – documents must be hand delivered or mailed):
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record as Proof of Citizenship
- Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification (valid if dated between 5/13/15-5/13/16)
- Copy of National Registry or IDPH EMT-B, EMT-I, or EMT-P
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation on Thursday, June 2, at 7:00 PM at Monroe School, 210 N. Madison St, Hinsdale, IL 60521. Must present a valid Driverâ€™s License or State ID, your valid CPAT Card AND your ORIGINAL State of Illinois EMT Certification (Basic, Intermediate or Paramedic) to sign in. No late admittance. Sign-in will run from 6:00 PM â€“ 7:00 PM.
Written exam will be conducted on Saturday, June 11, 2016.Â Please arrive to the written exam no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driverâ€™s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Written exam will be held at Monroe School, 210 N. Madison St, Hinsdale, IL 60521. No late admittance.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (5/13/16 at 2:00 PM).
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding the application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.