Deadline: June 3, 2016
Salary: $62,892 Annually
The application, release form, and required documentation must be submitted to IOS Recruitment no later than June 3, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
- $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with eligibility to operate a vehicle in Illinois
- Possess a High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Have vision minimum corrected to 20-20 with no color blindness
- Have minimum, non-corrected hearing ability to perform as a firefighter
- Have the ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language
- Submit proof of a valid Illinois Department of Public Health license as a State of Illinois Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P)
- Submit proof of a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb card from a licensed agency before July 9, 2016 (valid if dated 7.9.15-7.9.16). Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
- Minimum of 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless previously a full-time Firefighter in Illinois as noted under state statute at the time of the written examination
- Submission and completion of the application and required documentation no later than June 3, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment no later than 6/3/16 at 2:00 PM – documentation is NOT accepted via email):
- Personal Application (available via download once the application is purchased)
- Consent and Release Agreement
- Copy of High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Copy of valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification
- Copy of valid IDPH EMT-P License
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written exam on Saturday, July 9, 2016. Arrive no later than 9:00 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in.
Test will be held at:
Hoffman Estates High School
1100 W Higgins Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL
Application Process Information:
The application package will contain instructions for completing the application and supplying all necessary documents. The application will be delivered via the website as a PDF document. We strongly recommend that you save this document to your computer or data storage device. You will be able to complete the application using ADOBE READER by typing in the necessary information. Once completed, you must then print out the personal application (14 pages).
You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (6/3/16 at 2:00 PM).
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding the application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is located 30 miles northwest of the City of Chicago.Â It was incorporated in 1959, has a current population of approximately 52,000 and encompasses an area of about 21.3 square miles.Â Census figures from 2010 place the population at 51,895, which represents a 3.98 percent increase from the 2000 population. Hoffman Estatesâ€™ population and total housing units has continued to climb over the past 50 years.
Hoffman Estates is an extremely livable community with a range of affordable housing options, excellent schools, reliable Village services, wonderful parks and open spaces and easy access to major expressways (with the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway traversing our Village), rail lines and O’Hare International Airport.Â Hoffman Estates is home to the International Headquarters for Sears Holdings, the Sears Centre Arena, Siemenâ€™s Healthcare, Claireâ€™s Boutiques and Cabelaâ€™s. The Village is adjacent to three forest preserves with over 4,000 acres of open space and trails.
Built on a strong tradition and dedicated to professionalism, the Hoffman Estates Fire Department continues to be a progressive leader in providing quality fire protection and emergency medical service to the community.
Established in 1959, the Department is currently comprised of one Fire Chief, one Deputy Chief, one Assistant Chief, three Battalion Chiefs, 4 Captains, 11 Lieutenants, 72 firefighter/paramedics and two additional Administration/Fire Prevention Bureau personnel.Â The Department responds to approximately 5,900 calls annually, covering 21.3 square miles from four fire stations.Â Specialty teams and services include hazardous materials, technical rescue, dive, fire investigation, public education and emergency management.
Additionally, the Department was a founding member of M.A.B.A.S., or the Mutual Aid Box Alarm System, as well as a pioneer in the use of paramedics within the fire service in the state of Illinois.
The annual starting salary for a Hoffman Estates firefighter/paramedic is currently $62,892 (salary will increase to $63,521 on July 1, 2016).
Firefighter Preference Points
In accordance with the state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3(h.)), the Fire and Police Commission will award a maximum of five (5) preference points each for paragraphs (1) â€“ Veterans Preference, (3) â€“ Educational Preference (associateâ€™s degree in the field of fire service, or a bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited college or university), and (5) â€“ Experience Preference â€“ as a full-time firefighter or firefighter-paramedic by a fire protection district or another municipality for at least two (2) years for all qualifying candidates upon their request and at the required time under the testing process. The Fire and Police Commission will award zero (0) preference points for paragraphs (2), (4), (6) and (7) of 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3(h.).
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.