Deadline: June 13, 2018
Salary: $54,173 Annually
On Saturday, June 23, 2018, the Homewood Fire Department will hold a National Firefighter Selection Test-Emergency Medical Services Test (NFST/EMS) to establish a two-year Eligibility Hiring List forFull-Time Firefighter/Paramedics. To be eligible to take this written test, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Possess a high school degree or GED
- Be a U.S. Citizen at time of application
- Possess a valid driver’s license which must be shown as identification at all phases of testing
- Must be 21 years of age at time of test, and less than 35 years of age at the time of test and at such time as the initial eligibility list is established, except as otherwise determined by State Statute
- Must possess a recent Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) certification with Ladder Climb endorsement by the date of the test. (CPAT completion date must be between June 23, 2017 and June 23, 2018.)
- Must fully complete all application paperwork; including attaching copies of certifications
- No residency requiredThe Village of Homewood Fire Department provides fire and emergency paramedic services to the entire Village of Homewood, which encompasses 51⁄2 square miles and includes approximately 20,000 residents, 5,500 homes and 700 businesses. The department currently employs full-time career and part-time firefighter/paramedic staff.
Applications are only available for pick-up at the Homewood Police Department
17950 Dixie Highway
Homewood, Illinois 60430
There is a $10.00 application fee.
Fully Completed Applications must be returned to the Village of Homewood Police Department
17950 Dixie Highway
Homewood, IL 60430
no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 13, 2018.
Candidates MUST include copies of all required certifications with application
Current starting salary for a career Firefighter/Paramedic with the Homewood Fire Department is $54,173 plus benefits
The Village of Homewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minority and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply: The full job description can be found HERE.